Freshmen and New Student Information 2015-2016
ARE REQUIRED TO FILL OUT THE CHS
(Please return to Athletic Office by July 1)
IF YOUR STUDENT IS PLANNING ON PARTICIPATING IN A SPORT THEY MUST ALSO HAVE THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS
The athlete must take and pass a physical exam each year in order to participate in the CHS athletic program. The physical must be dated on or after February 1, 2015. One physical exam will be good for the entire school year. (A form can be found on the athletic website for your convenience) Please take this form with you when your student has their physical so the doctor can sign it.
DO NOT send the physical to the nurse’s office AND do not give it to the coach.
All students who participate in the CHS athletic program MUST BE COVERED BY MEDICAL INSURANCE. Please put the name of the insurance on the CHS information form. The School District of Clayton does have a secondary medical coverage policy on our athletes. It ONLY kicks in and pays out after the athlete’s own medical policy covers what it is going to cover. Please note that the district’s secondary policy is not that comprehensive and may not cover everything that your policy does not cover.
RECAP – WHAT STUDENT ATHLETES MUST DO:
1. HAVE PARENT FILL OUT the CHS Emergency Contact Information/Consent Form.
2. TAKE THE PHYSICAL FORM TO YOUR DOCTOR. (must be dated after February 1, 2015)
3. PARENT/STUDENT SIGN the TAOD / CITIZENSHIP SPORTSMANSHIP PLEDGE
4. PARENT/STUDENT DISCUSS AND ACCEPT OR DECLINE CONCUSSION IMPACT TESTING
5. RETURN ALL FORMS AND CURRENT PHYSICAL TO THE ATHLETIC OFFICE. Remember forms will not be accepted if it is not completely filled out.
After the first FIVE steps are completed then the student must:
6. REPORT TO THE ATHLETIC OFFICE AND RECEIVE A SPORTS ELIGIBILITY CARD WHICH YOU WILL GIVE TO YOUR COACH ON THE FIRST DAY OF PRACTICE. This card indicates to the coach that all necessary paperwork has been completed and turned into the athletic office, making you eligible for practice.
7. Students must have 14 days of practice to be eligible for game competition. If you are not at the first day of practice you might not be able to play in the first scheduled game. All absences need to be communicated with the coaching staff to ensure participation on the team.
8. Credit checks will be run by the athletic department in the beginning of the fall season. Returning students must have passed 3.0 units of credit the previous semester and all students must be actively enrolled in 3.0 units of credit.
Cards will be available starting JULY 27th from (9am-12pm and 1pm-3pm). . . or students can pick up their cards the first day of practice beginning at 7:00 a.m. on AUGUST 3rd. We will be in the office from 7:00am – 11:45am and from 1:00pm – 4:00pm on AUGUST 3rd.
ONLY FALL SPORTS PARTICIPANTS need to pick up cards at this time.