Wednesday, February 19th
- Be aware of the calendar. Our season starts on Monday, 3/2. Our first two weeks of baseball is also the last two weeks before the end of 3rd quarter and before Spring Break. It is very important that you talk with your teachers as soon as right now to find out about major tests, projects, papers, and/or presentations during those two weeks so that you can plan ahead.
- You should obtain your eligibility card now from the athletic office (even if you have already played a winter or fall sport). You will give that card to us as coaches at our 2/19 meeting or our meetings 2/26 and 2/27 next week.
- Our first two days of try-outs will be at the All-Star Performance facility. Our entire program will board a bus immediately after school, dressed for practice. The bus will leave at 3:15 and return to school by 5:45.
- Hopefully you have already ordered your Clayton baseball hat on our on-line store, those that haven’t can purchase a hat from coaches once the season begins.
- For our first two days of try-outs, and anytime inside, players should wear royal blue shirts and can wear grey or royal blue shorts or baseball pants.
- To begin the season you will need:
- Eligibility Card
- Bat (Bring if you have one, even if just for practice, do not purchase if you do not want to)
- Hats–Stocking hat/Clayton Baseball Hat (again, if you have not purchased one on our on-line store, you can purchase from coaches once the season begins)
- Shoes–tennis shoes or turfs for inside/Adzick field, molded spikes or turfs/tennis shoes only on Adzick Field, optionally metal spikes to be worn on non-turf fields.
- Long Sleeves (Sweatshirt)
- Baseball Pants (or Sweatpants)
- Protective Cup
- A LOCK!!!!!!