CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER AND SCHOOL BEING CLOSED…. RESCHEDULE WILL BE THIS COMING MONDAY NOV. 19TH.
Just a reminder that the WINTER Sports Parent meeting will be Thursday, November 15th – 2018, at 6:00pm in the Commons.
The agenda (below) includes a review of the Clayton High School Athletic Philosophy and MSHSAA eligibility in addition to breakout sessions with coaches.
A copy of the MSHSAA Eligibility Brochure can also be found below.
If you prefer to view this eligibility information in “article form” click here.
PRE-SEASON PARENT MEETING AGENDA
Orientation – Let’s get started!
Introductions – Bob, Lee, Debbie, Kristin, Dr. Gutchewsky
- Get on the same page
- Positive educational experience
- Educational experience is our 1st Priority
- Participation Policy – Only 3 unexcused Absences
- No Cut at the Lower Level Teams
- Behavior in School/Sportsmanship
- Winning at the Varsity Level – Is our goal – Not our Purpose
List of Sports – (See PowerPoint)
Coaches Intro – (See PowerPoint)
- Introduce Seasonal Coaches and have them give an outlook on the upcoming season.
MSHSAA Eligibility Video
- SLIDES 6, 7, 8, 14
Eligibility – 14 Days of Practice
- Current Documents on File – Physical, Emergency Contact, ImPact, TOAD
- 3.0 Credits Passed and Enrolled in
- Do NOT Drop a Class w/o Approval
- 2.0 MINIMUM GPA
Absences – 7 excusable absences allow at CHS:
- Family Illness
- Medical or Dental
- Religious Observance
- Prior approval from principal (ie. College Visit)
- Afternoon AP exam
Code of Conduct
- Added Layer of Responsibility – 3 Strikes and Out (10%, 20%, 180 School Days)
- If Law Enforcement is involved its out of our Hands
- Not Eligible until all Court Rulings/Punishment Associated with the Case is Resolved
- Communication is the Key
- You can ONLY Sign your Child Out
- Easier to Navigate, Enhanced Communication and Media
- The Clayton Blueprint newsletter has been moved onto the website in article form
- Lead by Example and Represent CHS and our kids in a Positive Manner – OFFICIALS
Secondary Medical Insurance
- Is NO longer carried by the district
Chain of Communication
- Student to Coach → Parent/Student to Coach→ Parent/Student to AD → Principal
ImPact Concussion Testing
- Free of Charge
- Not Mandatory but Part of Eligibility Paperwork – Need to Sign Off
- Creates a Baseline for Physicians to help with Diagnoses and Recovery
- Identified Leaders in the School that help Communicate and Enhance Athletics
Athletic Advisory Committee
- AD/Parent/Coach Group that provides community feedback and recommendations
Program Survey – Feedback
- Seasonal Surveys sent to all Parents and Players at the End of the Season
GOLF TOURNAMENT – May 4th, 8am 2019 – Gateway National
Where to Find Us?
- Down the commons hallway on the right before Stuber Gym
Break-Out Session into Teams: Meet and Greet with Coaching Staff to discuss Program Expectations
- Commons – Boys Bball/Cheerleading
Health Room A – Wrestling
Health Room B – Girls Bball
Room 100 – Dance
Room 102 – Girls Swim/Dive